Real Madrid and Liverpool will not find it easy to sign Murillo, with a report revealing the defender's current state of mind at Nottingham Forest as Jamie Carragher gives his verdict on whether Los Blancos could get William Saliba from Arsenal.
Murillo has been on the books of Forest since the summer of 2023 when he joined from Brazilian giants Corinthians. The £10million transfer fee that The Tricky Trees paid for the defender has proved to be a bargain, with the 22-year-old centre-back establishing himself as one of the best young players in his position in the Premier League and becoming a key figure in Forest's charge towards a Champions League place.
The Forest defender has scored one goal in 26 Premier League matches this season, as Nuno's side find themselves third in the table, above the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
On February 11, TEAMtalk's transfer correspondent Fraser Fletcher reported that Chelsea and Madrid are interested in signing Murillo from Forest in the summer transfer window.
We understand that Chelsea are long-term admirers of Murillo and made an approach to his agents in January.
Sources have told TEAMtalk that defending Spanish and European champions Madrid have also scouted Murillo regularly this season and have been impressed with his performances for Forest.
According to Rousing The Kop, Liverpool have been monitoring Murillo all season and are considering a summer bid.
The Daily Mail has now given an update on the situation of Murillo, and it seems that Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea all will have to work extremely hard to get a deal done for the Forest star in the summer transfer window.
While Forest are aware of interest in Murillo from the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid, they are not panicking about the Brazilian star's future and are "relaxed about it".
Described as a "gem" in The Daily Mail, the defender does not plan on pushing for an exit anytime soon, with it being reported that "thanks to discussions with owner Evangelos Marinakis, Murillo is excited at where Forest are heading"
With Murillo not supposed to demand a move away from the City Ground at the end of the season and Forest likely to clinch a Champions League spot, it would be hard for the defender's suitors to sign him this summer.
TEAMtalk understands that Forest would only consider bids in the region of £70million for Murillo.
Former Forest striker Stan Collymore, though, believes that Murillo could cost £100million.
Collymore told Goal earlier this month: "There are clubs watching him. From a personal perspective, I would love to see him stay at Forest for the next three, four, five years. He's signed his new contract.
"Obviously with the season that Forest are having, it is going to be very difficult to keep hold of players. He has got a bit of everything.
"It's a strange one really because he doesn't look like a central defender at all – he's not the tallest, he's fairly ungainly in the way that he moves around, but he's a bit of a throwback in terms of liking to defend, likes to get touch-tight with players and get physical and he anticipates things well.
"He may well go on to become the first £100m defender, which for Forest would be an incredible deal if it came. My hope is that he stays for another two or three years."
Antony reveals he is uncertain he will stay at Real BetisAntony says joining Real Betis is the "best decision" he has made, but the Brazilian winger is unsure if he will stay beyond the end of this season.Speaking to reporters, the Manchester United loanee said: "I'm very happy here, but it's still too early to decide. I found myself, I needed to find myself, I needed to be happy, and I needed my ...

Martin Zubimendi in action for SpainArsenal are determined to sign Martin Zubimendi this summer, but completing a deal looks like it could be difficult because of Real Madrid, who are also eyeing the transfer of the 26-year-old Real Sociedad and Spain star.Zubimendi has been one of Arsenal’s top targets for months, and work continues to be done behind the scenes ahead of his possible arrival...

Harry Kane has been linked with a surprise return to the Premier League in recent weeks.Harry Kane has addressed recent rumors linking him with Liverpool. Despite recent rumours linking him with a sensational move back to the Premier League, Harry Kane appears to have dismissed any possibility of a move this summer. Even though Liverpool are on track to clinch the title, with a 12-point lead over ...

Manchester City are keen on Eintracht Frankfurt's €60 million-rated youngster Hugo Larsson but face competition from Arsenal and Liverpool.City target Frankfurt midfielderLiverpool and Arsenal also interestedBundesliga side demand huge fee for youngsterWHAT HAPPENED?Pep Guardiola's side have opened initial talks for Larsson but have been warned that Eintracht Frankfurt will demand €60m...

Taylor Swift's name could appear on Barcelona's shirt in the Clasico against Real Madrid, scheduled for May 10 or 11 at the Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys. The agreement is at an advanced stage, according to RAC1, and could be finalized soon as part of the contract that the Catalan club has with Spotify. According to this agreement, the Spotify brand can be replaced by the name or symbol of some si...

The Gunners have long been interested in signing Zubimendi, and at one stage, they appeared to be leading the race for his signature which is desired by several top sides. However, reported transfer interest from Real Madrid has heightened tensions and reports suggest that Arsenal are working tirelessly to get the deal complete. Romano spoke on GIVEMESPORT's "Market Madness" podcast about how the ...

Jack Grealish dedicated his goal to his late brother after scoring in Manchester City’s 2-0 win over relegation-threatened Leicester on Wednesday.The England international hit his first Premier League goal for 16 months, on his first start in the competition since last December, as City moved back into fourth with a comfortable success at the Etihad Stadium.It came on the 25th anniversary of...

David Moyes bemoaned an “offside” goal that gave Liverpool a 1-0 win over Everton – but admitted James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid an early red card on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were left unhappy with decisions from referee Sam Barr...

Eddie Howe hailed Sandro Tonali’s shooting power after seeing him cap a fine display with a stunning winner to edge Newcastle into the race for Champions League qualification.The 24-year-old Italy international brought an incident-packed encounter to a fitting conclusion with a 74th-minute piledriver which beat goalkeeper Mark Flekken from an improbable angle to hand the Magpies a precious 2...

Aston Villa boss Unai Emery believes Marcus Rashford is “progressively getting better” in all aspects of his game following his first Premier League goal for the club.The on-loan Manchester United forward set Villa on course for a comprehensive 3-0 win over fellow European hopefuls Brighton with a 51st-minute finish at the Amex Stadium.Rashford’s milestone strike came three days ...



- 1 Hot WAG flaunts 'astonishing' washboard abs in bikini
- 2 Danny Rohl hails Sheffield Wednesday resilience in draw at Cardiff
- 3 Alfie May double sends Birmingham step closer to Championship
- 4 Marcus Rashford scores first Premier League goal for Villa in win at Brighton
- 5 Ryan Lowe and Conor Hourihane felt team deserved more as Wigan and Barnsley draw
- 6 Mat Sadler hails Taylor Allen set-piece skills after Walsall snatch draw
- 7 Chris Davies says Alfie May’s goal drought never concerned him
- 8 Football fan 'eats' raw pig's head in ultimate insult
- 9 Marcus Rashford still looking to improve after firing Villa into FA Cup semis
- 10 Chelsea prepare €70m for Barcelona defender