The Egyptian King is edging closer to a Liverpool exit.
Mohamed Salah has less than six months left on his Liverpool deal
Time is ticking for Liverpool to agree on a contract extension with Mohamed Salah.
The Egyptian forward’s ongoing contract saga has overshadowed what has been a stunning first season for new boss Arne Slot so far.
Top of the Premier League table, into the last 16 of the Champions League, with a cup final against Newcastle United to come next month, it’s been quite the introduction to life at Liverpool for Slot.
One of the driving forces behind Liverpool’s form this season has been the performances of Salah, who has looked back to his best for the Reds this term.
Heading into the second half of the campaign, Salah boasts a whopping 26 goals and 18 assists across all competitions, with Liverpool fans demanding owners FSG match his contract demands to avoid him leaving on a free transfer.
But according to former Liverpool team-mate Dejan Lovren, the Liverpool ace is “closer to leaving” than putting pen to paper on fresh Anfield terms.
Speaking to Win Win, the centre-back said: “Yes, I think he is closer to leaving than staying at the moment. That’s my feeling about the situation.
“I hope things change because, honestly, I wish him the best. But in the end, yes, money is an important factor, but he deserves more than just money.
“The question is: who will replace him? How will you find a replacement for him? How can you compensate for his absence?”
Replacing Salah’s goal and assist contributions will no doubt prove a thankless task, given Liverpool are unlikely to find a player capable of stepping into his shoes, should the ex-Chelsea ace depart in the summer.
On the potential task of trying to replace Salah, Lovren added: “That’s the first question I would ask the club’s management: ‘Who will replace him? Who will give you what Mohamed Salah gives you? Who will provide you with the stats and numbers that he delivers?’
“Well, you can replace him. If you want to replace him, I think you need to spend €200 million on a player who can offer what Mohamed Salah does. But even with that amount being spent and the high salary, will he deliver what Salah delivers?”
Salah is currently free to discuss a pre-contract agreement with clubs outside of England, with his current deal set to expire on 30 June.
He and his Liverpool team-mates will return to action in the Merseyside derby on Wednesday night.
Antony reveals he is uncertain he will stay at Real BetisAntony says joining Real Betis is the "best decision" he has made, but the Brazilian winger is unsure if he will stay beyond the end of this season.Speaking to reporters, the Manchester United loanee said: "I'm very happy here, but it's still too early to decide. I found myself, I needed to find myself, I needed to be happy, and I needed my ...

Harry Kane has been linked with a surprise return to the Premier League in recent weeks.Harry Kane has addressed recent rumors linking him with Liverpool. Despite recent rumours linking him with a sensational move back to the Premier League, Harry Kane appears to have dismissed any possibility of a move this summer. Even though Liverpool are on track to clinch the title, with a 12-point lead over ...

Chelsea are reportedly preparing a €70 million offer for Barcelona defender Jules Kounde ahead of the summer transfer window, according to reports from Spain.The French international was heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge before joining Barcelona in 2022, and he has remained a target for Chelsea ever since.Now, the London club is once again eyeing the 26-year-old as a key addition...

Chelsea are interested in signing the AC Milan attacker Rafael Leao at the end of the season. The 25-year-old attacker has done quite well for the Italian club this season, and he has 10 goals and nine assists to his name in all competitions. According to a report from Calciomercato, Chelsea are evaluating a potential move for the player with the help of super agent Jorge Mendes.However, the Blues...

Jules Kounde is being linked with a move to Chelsea once againChelsea are reportedly preparing a massive bid to sign one of Barcelona’s key players, with fresh claims emerging from Spain.The Blues have reignited their interest in Jules Kounde, a player they aggressively pursued when he left Sevilla in 2022. Back then, Chelsea were locked in a fierce transfer battle with Barcelona, only to be...

Helen Flanagan was a soap superstar on Coronation StreetFormer Coronation Street actress Helen Flanagan has opened up on life as a Premier League footballer's WAG, pointing out that living life in the public eye has its ups and downs.Flanagan, 34, was engaged to former Chelsea, Swansea, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Celtic, Preston and current Bristol Rovers winger Scott Sinclair, who turned 36 on...

Manchester City are keen on Eintracht Frankfurt's €60 million-rated youngster Hugo Larsson but face competition from Arsenal and Liverpool.City target Frankfurt midfielderLiverpool and Arsenal also interestedBundesliga side demand huge fee for youngsterWHAT HAPPENED?Pep Guardiola's side have opened initial talks for Larsson but have been warned that Eintracht Frankfurt will demand €60m...

Arsenal confident Zubimendi deal is done but must fight off MadridArsenal are reportedly confident they have sealed a deal for Martin Zubimendi, but incoming sporting director Andrea Berti must fight off Real Madrid.Chelsea step up interest in WilliamsChelsea have intensified their pursuit of Athletic Club star Nico Williams, according to TEAMtalk. The Premier League side has reportedly initiated ...

Ange Postecoglou insisted his controversial cupped ear celebration to Tottenham fans in a 1-0 loss at Chelsea had been misinterpreted on another bad night for the Australian.Spurs slipped to a 16th defeat in the Premier League this season thanks to a 50th-minute header by Enzo Fernandez, but it only told half the story of a typically frenzied London derby.VAR was required to rule out a fine strike...

Chelsea climbed back into the Premier League’s top four as Enzo Fernandez’s header early in the second half earned a 1-0 derby win over Tottenham at Stamford Bridge.Enzo Maresca’s side were under pressure after limping into the international break playing football that had ceased to excite home fans, but they largely had the better of a disappointing Spurs team that failed to tak...



- 1 Hot WAG flaunts 'astonishing' washboard abs in bikini
- 2 Danny Rohl hails Sheffield Wednesday resilience in draw at Cardiff
- 3 Alfie May double sends Birmingham step closer to Championship
- 4 Marcus Rashford scores first Premier League goal for Villa in win at Brighton
- 5 Ryan Lowe and Conor Hourihane felt team deserved more as Wigan and Barnsley draw
- 6 Mat Sadler hails Taylor Allen set-piece skills after Walsall snatch draw
- 7 Chris Davies says Alfie May’s goal drought never concerned him
- 8 Football fan 'eats' raw pig's head in ultimate insult
- 9 Marcus Rashford still looking to improve after firing Villa into FA Cup semis
- 10 Chelsea prepare €70m for Barcelona defender