Casemiro has said he would like to stay at Manchester United until his contract expires in 2026, despite a challenging 2024-25 season which has seen the team struggle and the midfielder lose his place as a regular starter.
The Brazil international -- who joined United from Real Madrid in 2022 -- started in their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday. Before that, he had been benched for 10 of United's previous 11 league games under coach Ruben Amorim, with his side languishing in 15th in the Premier League table.
Casemiro has said that he would like to stay at Manchester United until his contract expires.
"I have to keep doing what I'm doing, with a lot of respect, and good behaviour," Casemiro told Diario AS in an interview published on Monday.
"Of course, I'd like to play more. I don't know any player who doesn't want to play. And I want to help the club at this time. I face things with respect for my teammates and the staff, and above all, respect for United."
"I have a year and a half left on my contract, and I'd like to see it out here in Manchester. I'm comfortable here, and my family is too. They've adapted, we speak English. I'm very grateful to the fans and the club. I'm happy at the club. Happy on the bench? Of course not, that's something else."
Casemiro moved to Old Trafford in a €70 million ($73.3m) deal in August 2022, having won five Champions Leagues and three LaLiga titles in nine years at Real Madrid, forming part of a legendary midfield trio with Luka Modric and Toni Kroos. However, he has faced frequent criticism for his performances at United, with some claiming he is now past his best.
"I'm young, and I've got a lot left to give," Casemiro told AS. "I'm about to turn 33. Nowadays that's like being 28 before -- with nutrition, physical preparation, all that extending a player's career if you look after yourself. That's why Cristiano [Ronaldo] is still scoring 50 goals a season, at 40 years old."
Casemiro urged former teammate Vinícius Júnior to "look at how important making history is" when considering leaving Madrid for Saudi Arabia, and said he has been impressed with Kylian Mbappé's form this season at the Santiago Bernabéu.
"Mbappé is an unstoppable player," he said. "I played against him in the Champions League in Paris [in 2022]. He did it all. We lost 1-0, to his goal ... Afterwards I spoke to the president [Florentino Perez] and said 'Sign him. He is impossible to stop.'"
Arsenal preparing new contract offer SakaArsenal are all set to offer a new contract to their star player Bukayo Saka as they look to tie down the English winger on a long-term basis. Saka's current deal expires at the end 2026-27 season but Football Insider reports that the Gunners officials have already initiated contract talks with the player.Madrid to join Arsenal in race to sign ZubimendiPer ...

Let's start our Daily Laugh today. Preston 0-3 Aston Villa (FA Cup)Rashford 2 goals That was the real Brazil.▫️ No TikTok dances.▫️ No extravagant hairstyles.▫️ No individualism.It was a joy to watch.. No way!!! LOL Soccer A GOATED FRAME! Solskjaer's Besiktas becomes the first club to beat Galatasaray in the league this season. Please stay tuned on Daily Laugh. There will be more fun tomorrow!(Cre...

Wayne Rooney was caught short as he got suited and booted for a lads night out. The Manchester United icon, 39, hit the town in a black suit and tie as he enjoyed a few hours at The Nest Rooftop bar in Marylebone, an exclusive bar that boasts a 360-degree view of the London skyline.And the group would then leave Marylebone and head for the posh district of Mayfair as they settled in for dinner and...

RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons alongside a Manchester United badgeManchester United have been linked with a move for RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons and TEAMtalk can confirm there is interest in the Dutchman, but a blockbuster deal this summer has major obstacles.The 21-year-old has had an interesting journey so far, having joined Paris Saint-Germain from PSV Eindhoven in 2023, before being sent to RB Le...

Caragh Keane set up her business with the help of father RoyIrish international midfielder Roy Keane developed a reputation as one of the Premier League's iconic hard man. However, during a podcast appearance alongside his daughter Caragh, the former Manchester United captain showed another side to his personality.Caragh was diagnosed with Lupus in 2021 and has set up a health food company - with ...

The speedy Man Utd ace, currently on loan at Aston Villa, added the special edition Audi to his collection after waiting months for it to be delivered.Man Utd's Marcus Rashford has sold his incredible £450,000 Lamborghini super carThe ace has splashed out £177k on a rare new AudiThe estate car can comfortably fit five passengers and has plenty of boot space.But the meaty performance moto...

David Moyes believes James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid a red card for his reckless challenge on Alexis Mac Allister as Everton were beaten 1-0 by Liverpool on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal, which Moyes claimed should have been ruled out for offside, gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were...

Jack Grealish dedicated his goal to his late brother after scoring in Manchester City’s 2-0 win over relegation-threatened Leicester on Wednesday.The England international hit his first Premier League goal for 16 months, on his first start in the competition since last December, as City moved back into fourth with a comfortable success at the Etihad Stadium.It came on the 25th anniversary of...

David Moyes bemoaned an “offside” goal that gave Liverpool a 1-0 win over Everton – but admitted James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid an early red card on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were left unhappy with decisions from referee Sam Barr...

Eddie Howe hailed Sandro Tonali’s shooting power after seeing him cap a fine display with a stunning winner to edge Newcastle into the race for Champions League qualification.The 24-year-old Italy international brought an incident-packed encounter to a fitting conclusion with a 74th-minute piledriver which beat goalkeeper Mark Flekken from an improbable angle to hand the Magpies a precious 2...



- 1 Hot WAG flaunts 'astonishing' washboard abs in bikini
- 2 Danny Rohl hails Sheffield Wednesday resilience in draw at Cardiff
- 3 Alfie May double sends Birmingham step closer to Championship
- 4 Marcus Rashford scores first Premier League goal for Villa in win at Brighton
- 5 Ryan Lowe and Conor Hourihane felt team deserved more as Wigan and Barnsley draw
- 6 Mat Sadler hails Taylor Allen set-piece skills after Walsall snatch draw
- 7 Chris Davies says Alfie May’s goal drought never concerned him
- 8 Football fan 'eats' raw pig's head in ultimate insult
- 9 Marcus Rashford still looking to improve after firing Villa into FA Cup semis
- 10 Chelsea prepare €70m for Barcelona defender