> Internacional > Texto
Barcelona not in position to register Dani Olmo, LaLiga says
{by} ESPN

Barcelona could lose Dani Olmo for the second half of the season after LaLiga said the Catalan club are not in a position to extend the Spain international's registration ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

Olmo, 26, joined Barca in the summer and was granted a temporary registration until Dec. 31, giving Barca time to comply with the league's financial fair play rules and prolong his registration until the summer.

However, the deadline is set to pass without Barca offering LaLiga sufficient guarantees that they are now able to fulfil the regulations.

"As of Dec. 31, Barcelona have not presented any alternative, in accordance with LaLiga's economic rules, that allow the registration of players from Jan.2," the league said in a statement.

Barca released their own statement saying they had now asked the Royal Spanish Football Federation [RFEF] to grant them new licences for Olmo and striker Pau Victor, who is also in the same position.

However, with Olmo and Victor's current registrations due to expire on Dec. 31, RFEF rules state that players cannot be re-registered with the same team for the second time in the same season.

A source told ESPN that Barca will offer a deeper explanation on their request to the RFEF and attempt to clear up the situation on Jan. 3.

Until then, the immediate futures for Olmo and Victor remain uncertain, if not in major doubt, after a source with the RFEF told ESPN: "We cannot process any licence without prior approval from LaLiga."

There is a clause in Olmo's contract which would allow him to leave for free if he is not registered for the second half of the campaign, although sources have always told ESPN neither the club nor the player are contemplating that possibility.

Despite that, there have been reports that several English and German teams are monitoring Olmo's situation with a view to making a January move should he become available.

Olmo's agent, Andy Bara, reiterated on Tuesday that the forward is only focused on Barca, though.


Barcelona are set to miss the deadline to register Dani Olmo for the remainder of the 2024-25 LaLiga campaign.

"The decision made by Dani is to stay at Barcelona as he wants play for Barca," Bara told reporters. "We are not considering any other option. Dani wants to play for Barcelona."

Barca had pursued various options to force through Olmo's and Victor's registrations as the clock ticked in recent weeks.

They lost two court hearings against the interpretation of LaLiga's rules, a route which had previously yielded success when they promoted Gavi to the first team in 2023.

The club then moved ahead with a plan to sell VIP boxes and seating at Spotify Camp Nou, which is currently being renovated, when it reopens.

Sources told ESPN a deal worth around €100 million had been agreed, which would have allowed them to register Olmo and Victor while complying with the league's financial rules.

The paperwork was sent to LaLiga, sources added, but the league's statement on Tuesday suggests there was either a problem with the documentation, the proof of payment or that the deal simply was not accepted.

Olmo joined from RB Leipzig for around €60m in the summer, but he missed the first two games of the season unregistered before Barca took advantage of a rule which allowed them to temporarily use up to 80% of the salary due to an injured player on an alternative.

An Achilles injury to Andreas Christensen had provided sufficient room within the club's LaLiga-imposed spending cap to register Olmo, but only on a temporary basis.

All Spanish clubs are subject to an annual limit set by the league, which is roughly determined by the difference between a team's revenue minus non-sporting outgoings and debt repayments.

Barca's has risen to €426m for the current campaign, but they remain in excess of that amount, which means they still must comply with certain restrictions when registering new additions.

Olmo, who came through Barca's academy before leaving as a 16-year-old, has scored six goals in 15 appearances this season.

Jack Grealish dedicates his opener for Manchester City to his late brother

Jack Grealish dedicated his goal to his late brother after scoring in Manchester City’s 2-0 win over relegation-threatened Leicester on Wednesday.The England international hit his first Premier League goal for 16 months, on his first start in the competition since last December, as City moved back into fourth with a comfortable success at the Etihad Stadium.It came on the 25th anniversary of...

{by} PA
He’s offside – David Moyes bemoans Diogo Jota winner as Liverpool edge derby

David Moyes bemoaned an “offside” goal that gave Liverpool a 1-0 win over Everton – but admitted James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid an early red card on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were left unhappy with decisions from referee Sam Barr...

{by} PA
Eddie Howe hails Sandro Tonali’s ‘big moment’ in Newcastle’s win over Brentford

Eddie Howe hailed Sandro Tonali’s shooting power after seeing him cap a fine display with a stunning winner to edge Newcastle into the race for Champions League qualification.The 24-year-old Italy international brought an incident-packed encounter to a fitting conclusion with a 74th-minute piledriver which beat goalkeeper Mark Flekken from an improbable angle to hand the Magpies a precious 2...

{by} PA
Marcus Rashford is progressively getting better at Aston Villa – Unai Emery

Aston Villa boss Unai Emery believes Marcus Rashford is “progressively getting better” in all aspects of his game following his first Premier League goal for the club.The on-loan Manchester United forward set Villa on course for a comprehensive 3-0 win over fellow European hopefuls Brighton with a 51st-minute finish at the Amex Stadium.Rashford’s milestone strike came three days ...

{by} PA
Ivan Juric not throwing in the towel as relegation looms for Southampton

Southampton boss Ivan Juric vowed to keep fighting as relegation moved sharply into focus after Crystal Palace denied them only a third Premier League win of the season.Substitute Matheus Franca’s stoppage-time header, to secure a 1-1 draw for the Eagles, means Saints will be down at the weekend if they lose at Tottenham and Wolves beat Ipswich.If relegation is confirmed on Sunday, Southampt...

{by} PA
John Eustace delighted to see Derby reaping the rewards of hard work

Derby boss John Eustace insists his side are reaping the rewards for the hard work they have put in since he was appointed as manager after the Rams earned a 2-0 win over Preston to climb out of the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone.Derby came out firing after a lacklustre opening period and Craig Forsyth coolly slotted the hosts in front with his fourth goal of the season.The Rams doubled thei...

{by} PA
Notts County boss Stuart Maynard delighted with ‘vital’ victory against MK Dons

Notts County manager Stuart Maynard hailed a “massive” three points as his side comfortably saw off MK Dons at Meadow Lane to maintain their promotion challenge.Two stunning strikes from David McGoldrick and Will Jarvis from the edge of the box, either side of Nick Tsaroulla’s close-range effort, earned County a convincing 3-0 win.“I think every three points is massive now,...

{by} PA
We can’t control it – McKenna calm about escape bid despite overdue Ipswich win

Kieran McKenna was not getting too giddy dreaming of a miracle escape from relegation after Ipswich beat Bournemouth 2-1 to pick up their first Premier League win of 2025.Goals from Nathan Broadhead and top-scorer Liam Delap did the damage as Ipswich put a further dent in Bournemouth’s hopes of qualifying for Europe.McKenna, whose side are still nine points adrift of 17th-placed Wolves who t...

{by} PA
Diogo Jota fires leaders Liverpool to victory in controversial Merseyside derby

Liverpool re-established their 12-point lead at the top of the Premier League with Diogo Jota’s strike against Everton settling a second controversial Merseyside derby of the season.Jota’s first league goal since mid-January was potentially one of his most important of the campaign as the 1-0 victory kept second-placed Arsenal at more than arm’s length.It also ended Everton manag...

{by} PA
Livingston lose to Neil Lennon’s Dunfermline thanks to Ewan Otoo strike

Ewan Otoo poured cold water on Livingston’s title ambitions in the Scottish Championship by netting the winner in struggling Dunfermline’s 1-0 win.Three points for the visitors would have been enough to lift them above Ayr United and within five of pace-setters Falkirk, but they were unable to take the chance.After back-to-back wins they were brought back to earth at East End Park, whe...

{by} PA
Dalian Aerbin(féminines)
06/03/2019 04:00 VS Pas commencé
Dalian Aerbin(féminines)
Classement
D E
Matchs joués
73.5% Victoires 26.5%
Pts: 82 Rang: 1 Pts: 82 Rang: 1
Domicile
73.5% Victoires 26.5%
Pts: 82 Rang: 1 Pts: 82 Rang: 1
Extérieur
73.5% Victoires 26.5%
Pts: 82 Rang: 1 Pts: 82 Rang: 1
Últimos 6
73.5% Victoires 26.5%
Pts: 82 Rang: 1 Pts: 82 Rang: 1
Derniers 8 paris (AH)
D E
G P G P G P G P
Victoires: 62.50%
G P G P G P G P
Victoires: 62.50%
Plus
Rang
Équipe
Pts
Rang
Équipe
Pts
Rang
Équipe
Pts
Rang
Équipe
Pts
Rang
Équipe
Pts
Rang
Équipe
Pts