Manchester United have announced that interim boss Ruud van Nistelrooy has left the club after the arrival of permanent head coach Ruben Amorim on Monday.
Van Nistelrooy oversaw four games in the aftermath of Erik ten Hag's sacking, winning three and drawing one. The team scored 11 goals during his short tenure.
The former Netherlands international and club legend departs along with others from Ten Hag's pre-existing backroom staff.
"Manchester United can confirm that Ruud van Nistelrooy has left the club. Ruud rejoined in the summer and has taken charge of the team for the past four matches as interim head coach.," the club statement said.
"Ruud is, and always will be, a Manchester United legend. We are grateful for his contribution and the way in which he has approached his role throughout his time with the club.
"He will always be very welcome at Old Trafford. Rene Hake, Jelle ten Rouwelaar and Pieter Morel have also departed and we wish them all well for the future.
"We will confirm the full men's first team coaching composition in due course."
Van Nistelrooy was a fan favourite as a player at Old Trafford, scoring 150 goals in 219 appearances over a five-year period.
Ruud van Nistelrooy has a strong connection with the Man United fans.
He was previously head coach at Dutch side PSV Eindhoven, resigning ahead of the final day of the 2022-23 season amid concerns that the team's hierarchy were not backing him.
Meanwhile, Matthijs de Ligt says the biggest challenge facing Amorim is to get everyone "on the same wavelength" ahead of a potential tactical switch at Old Trafford.
Amorim is set to implement his 3-4-3 formation when his reign gets underway against Ipswich Town on November 24. He would be the first United boss to regularly play with a three-man defence since Louis van Gaal in 2014.
De Ligt said the squad can adapt to the change if Amorim and his staff can get the players "on the same page."
"I think a back three or a back four, it's in general the same, the only thing of importance is how the team is set up," he said.
"You can play in a back three but if everything is not compact and everybody is doing their own job then it's going to be really difficult, the same in a back four. That's going to be the biggest challenge for the trainers, to get everyone on the same wavelength and same page to improve as a team and improve as players."
Amorim has officially started his new job after flying in from Portugal following his final game in charge of Sporting CP on Sunday.
With most players on international duty or on holiday during the international break, he will have to wait to meet the majority of his squad. Casemiro is among the players who is yet to speak to Amorim, but the Brazilian is backing the appointment.
"We have not spoken, but everyone speaks so well of him," Casemiro said.
"Above all he is very true, very loyal. We cannot ignore how he has changed Sporting. We know that Sporting won many titles, changed the club with titles, with trophies. He has already proved that and has won a lot.
"I think there is going to be a good template that everyone wants to grow, everyone wants to learn. I think that is the way to first help us grow to be at the top of the table."
Arsenal preparing new contract offer SakaArsenal are all set to offer a new contract to their star player Bukayo Saka as they look to tie down the English winger on a long-term basis. Saka's current deal expires at the end 2026-27 season but Football Insider reports that the Gunners officials have already initiated contract talks with the player.Madrid to join Arsenal in race to sign ZubimendiPer ...

Let's start our Daily Laugh today. Preston 0-3 Aston Villa (FA Cup)Rashford 2 goals That was the real Brazil.▫️ No TikTok dances.▫️ No extravagant hairstyles.▫️ No individualism.It was a joy to watch.. No way!!! LOL Soccer A GOATED FRAME! Solskjaer's Besiktas becomes the first club to beat Galatasaray in the league this season. Please stay tuned on Daily Laugh. There will be more fun tomorrow!(Cre...

Wayne Rooney was caught short as he got suited and booted for a lads night out. The Manchester United icon, 39, hit the town in a black suit and tie as he enjoyed a few hours at The Nest Rooftop bar in Marylebone, an exclusive bar that boasts a 360-degree view of the London skyline.And the group would then leave Marylebone and head for the posh district of Mayfair as they settled in for dinner and...

RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons alongside a Manchester United badgeManchester United have been linked with a move for RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons and TEAMtalk can confirm there is interest in the Dutchman, but a blockbuster deal this summer has major obstacles.The 21-year-old has had an interesting journey so far, having joined Paris Saint-Germain from PSV Eindhoven in 2023, before being sent to RB Le...

Caragh Keane set up her business with the help of father RoyIrish international midfielder Roy Keane developed a reputation as one of the Premier League's iconic hard man. However, during a podcast appearance alongside his daughter Caragh, the former Manchester United captain showed another side to his personality.Caragh was diagnosed with Lupus in 2021 and has set up a health food company - with ...

The speedy Man Utd ace, currently on loan at Aston Villa, added the special edition Audi to his collection after waiting months for it to be delivered.Man Utd's Marcus Rashford has sold his incredible £450,000 Lamborghini super carThe ace has splashed out £177k on a rare new AudiThe estate car can comfortably fit five passengers and has plenty of boot space.But the meaty performance moto...

David Moyes believes James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid a red card for his reckless challenge on Alexis Mac Allister as Everton were beaten 1-0 by Liverpool on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal, which Moyes claimed should have been ruled out for offside, gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were...

Jack Grealish dedicated his goal to his late brother after scoring in Manchester City’s 2-0 win over relegation-threatened Leicester on Wednesday.The England international hit his first Premier League goal for 16 months, on his first start in the competition since last December, as City moved back into fourth with a comfortable success at the Etihad Stadium.It came on the 25th anniversary of...

David Moyes bemoaned an “offside” goal that gave Liverpool a 1-0 win over Everton – but admitted James Tarkowski was lucky to avoid an early red card on a controversial night at Anfield.Diogo Jota’s 57th-minute goal gave Liverpool a 100th derby win and moved them a step closer to the Premier League title, but both sides were left unhappy with decisions from referee Sam Barr...

Eddie Howe hailed Sandro Tonali’s shooting power after seeing him cap a fine display with a stunning winner to edge Newcastle into the race for Champions League qualification.The 24-year-old Italy international brought an incident-packed encounter to a fitting conclusion with a 74th-minute piledriver which beat goalkeeper Mark Flekken from an improbable angle to hand the Magpies a precious 2...



- 1 Hot WAG flaunts 'astonishing' washboard abs in bikini
- 2 Danny Rohl hails Sheffield Wednesday resilience in draw at Cardiff
- 3 Alfie May double sends Birmingham step closer to Championship
- 4 Marcus Rashford scores first Premier League goal for Villa in win at Brighton
- 5 Ryan Lowe and Conor Hourihane felt team deserved more as Wigan and Barnsley draw
- 6 Mat Sadler hails Taylor Allen set-piece skills after Walsall snatch draw
- 7 Chris Davies says Alfie May’s goal drought never concerned him
- 8 Football fan 'eats' raw pig's head in ultimate insult
- 9 Marcus Rashford still looking to improve after firing Villa into FA Cup semis
- 10 Chelsea prepare €70m for Barcelona defender