DISTURBING footage shows Israeli football fans being chased through the streets of Amsterdam by an anti-Semitic mob.
Maccabi supporters were ambushed by masked rioters in the Dutch city as they left the Johan Cruyff stadium.
Rioters run through the streets amid disturbing clashes in Amsterdam Credit: Rex
A protester with a Palestinian flag in Amsterdam Credit: Rex
Shocking footage shared on social media showed Israeli football fans being harassed, kicked and beaten on Thursday night.
Disturbing videos showed Israelis desperately fleeing crowds after Ajax beat Maccabi 5-0 in the Europa League match.
Another distressing clip showed a man motionless on the ground as people repeatedly kicked him.
Victims and officials have described the shameful scenes as "a pogrom" - a violent riot aimed at one ethnic group.
Israeli leaders slammed the violence and initiated a rescue mission to bring their citizens home.
Amsterdam's mayor Femke Halsema condemned the violence - saying it was carried out by "hit-and-run-squads".
Israeli media reports up to 10 people remain unaccounted for, but Dutch police this afternoon insisted there were "no signs" of missing people or hostages.
One Israeli told Kan News: "They were waiting in groups at every corner and the moment they identified Jews they chased them.
"It was Kristallnact 2. We're not safe here, we're shut inside our hotel."
Israeli President Isaac Herzog said: "We see with horror this morning, the shocking images and videos that since October 7th, we had hoped never to see again: an antisemitic pogrom currently taking place against Maccabi Tel Aviv fans and Israeli citizens in the heart of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
"This is a serious incident, a warning sign for any country that wishes to uphold the values of freedom."
Deborah Lipstadt, the US special envoy on antisemitism, said she was horrified by the attacks, saying they were "terribly reminiscent of a classic pogrom".
Mayor Halsema said: "This is a very dark moment for the city, for which I am deeply ashamed.
"Anti-semitic criminals attacked and assaulted visitors to our city, in hit-and-run actions."
Police had to escort Israeli fans to hotels - and the riots took place despite massive police presence.
A pro-Palestinian demonstration planned for near the stadium had been earlier banned by the mayor's office.
Dutch Prime Minister Dick Schoof branded the violence "unacceptable" and insisted those responsible would be prosecuted.
He said: "I followed the news from Amsterdam with horror.
"Completely unacceptable anti-Semitic attacks on Israelis. I am in close contact with all those involved.
"Just now in a call with Netanyahu emphasised that the perpetrators will be tracked down and prosecuted. It is now quiet in the capital."
Israel's national security ministry urged citizens to stay in their hotel rooms following the attacks.
The Israeli military said it is preparing to deploy a rescue mission with the coordination of the Dutch government after the football game.
"The mission will be deployed using cargo aircraft and include medical and rescue teams," the IDF said.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu has directed that two rescue planes be sent immediately to Amsterdam, his office said on Friday.
And Israel's foreign minister Gideon Sa'ar is getting to the Netherlands to meet with senior officials.
Israeli security minister Itamar Ben-Gvir said: "Fans who went to see a football game, encountered anti-Semitism and were attacked with unimaginable cruelty just because of their Jewishness and Israeliness."
Local police said 62 people had been arrested after the game as pro-Palestine rioters had tried to reach the stadium.
Amsterdam's mayor said: "This outburst of violence against Israeli supporters is beyond all bounds and cannot be justified in any way.
"There is no excuse for the anti-Semitic behavior displayed last night by rioters who actively sought out Israeli supporters to attack and abuse them."
Rabbi Menachem Margolin, chairman of the European Jewish Association, told The Sun the incident is "very shocking, but unfortunately not surprising".
He added: "It has already been month after month that we are calling European authorities to understand that the level of anti-semitism in Europe breaks its record every single day.
"Jews are in danger in Europe, and unfortunately still, authorities in Europe do not react. It does not act the way it should.
"Tomorrow we'll be marking the Kristallnacht, which is the exact same things that happened here on the European land, and to see again Jews who have to run away.
"Innocent people who did nothing bad to those who hunt them, and to run away from people who hate Jews who are ready to kill Jews and do whatever they could to Jews without getting support from local authorities. That reminds very dark times."
Police presence in Amsterdam had been ramped up this week ahead of two major football matches coinciding with Free Palestine demonstrations.
Tensions have been running high in the Middle East and abroad since Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023 - killing 1,200, taking more than 250 hostages and sparking a war in Gaza.
UEFA has condemned the violence in Amsterdam last night.
It said: "We trust that the relevant authorities will identify and charge as many of those responsible for such actions as possible."
GABRIEL'S wife Gabrielle Figueiredo has given a concerning update on the Arsenal star's injury.The Brazilian, 27, went down clutching his hamstring barely 15 minutes into his side's 2-1 win over Fulham on Tuesday night.Gabrielle Figueiredo appeared at the Married to the Game screeningGabrielle is married to Arsenal star GabrielAfter receiving treatment on the pitch, the centre-back shook his head ...

ANNE HATHAWAY shared the delight of her fellow Arsenal fans after Bukayo Saka's goalscoring return from injury.The winger made his long-awaited comeback from hamstring surgery in last night's 2-1 win over Fulham.Anne Hathaway posted a snap of her in an Arsenal kit after victory over FulhamBukayo Saka was back amongst the goals on his return from injurySaka came on soon after the hour mark and it t...

Liverpool have moved one step closer to the title with a 1-0 win over Everton thanks to Diogo Jota - and Daily Star Sport has a look at what Arne Slot got right and wrongLiverpool and Everton's second round dust-up lacked the tension their first round promised. In the end, it was a routine win for Liverpool.Arne Slot's side had pried and probed, much to the frustration of the Anfield crowd, with E...

A football fan tried to eat a raw pig's head as he celebrated his team's league title win.Revolting footage showed two supporters in Brazil holding up the animal part as elated supporters chanted around them.Corinthians defeated PalmeirasBafflingly, one of the men could be seen clamping his teeth around one of the pig's ears in a bid to rip a chunk out of it.After he finally let go, the second man...

DAVID Beckham has kicked off his 50th birthday celebrations — which include a month of partying.The former England skipper, who owns US club Inter Miami, got the ball rolling with a posh bash at his favourite restaurant in the city.David Beckham, pictured with wife Victoria, has kicked off his 50th birthday celebrations — which include a month of partyingGuests included 6ft 4in quarter...

Diletta Leotta, the better of half of Liverpool flop Loris Karius, has opened up on a traumatising airport experience after an invasive security check at a German airport.The stunning DAZN presenter had jetted from her native Italy to Germany to see Karius turn out for Schalke in the 2.Bundesliga. But she was subjected to checks on her way home.Explaining the story on Radio 105, as per BILD, she s...

Stunning Italian TV host Eleonora Incardona has wowed her legion of fans on social media as she flaunted her curvy figure before the return of club footballEleonora Incardona teased fans on social mediaEleonora Incardona has again wowed her legion of fans with social media snaps as Italian football made its return.Eleonora, 34, has previously risked a social media ban flaunting her curvy figure on...

The former Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient player is regularly leaving fans speechless and her latest trip to the beach was no different.Madelene Wright left fans stunned with her latest Instagram postThe footballer and model posed in a bikini on the beachMadelene took a dip in the waterMadelene, 26, posed for some snaps by the sea in her bikini as she took a break away from the football pitch...

MAYA JAMA channelled her inner Pamela Anderson as she made a mad dash to the latest round of Baller League.The competition is back and headed up by president KSI, who recently sold out Wembley in the Sidemen Charity Match.Maya Jama channeled her inner Pammie as she made a mad dash to the Baller LeagueJama resembled Pamela Anderson's CJ Parker character from BaywatchAnd Jama, 30, is among the celeb...

The model famously dated ex-England star Dele Alli between 2016 and 2021.Ruby Mae has shown off her figure in a stunning new shootThe model rocked a backless white dress in the spring time inspired snapsRuby did some flower pickingThe 30-year-old has previously modelled for Chanel and Dolce & GabbanaAlli has joined Serie A side Como in a bid to resurrect his career after two years on the sidel...



- 1 Hot WAG flaunts 'astonishing' washboard abs in bikini
- 2 Danny Rohl hails Sheffield Wednesday resilience in draw at Cardiff
- 3 Alfie May double sends Birmingham step closer to Championship
- 4 Marcus Rashford scores first Premier League goal for Villa in win at Brighton
- 5 Ryan Lowe and Conor Hourihane felt team deserved more as Wigan and Barnsley draw
- 6 Mat Sadler hails Taylor Allen set-piece skills after Walsall snatch draw
- 7 Chris Davies says Alfie May’s goal drought never concerned him
- 8 Football fan 'eats' raw pig's head in ultimate insult
- 9 Marcus Rashford still looking to improve after firing Villa into FA Cup semis
- 10 Chelsea prepare €70m for Barcelona defender